Nueva oferta de trabajo relevante en Microsoft Studios:
Product Planner-IEB-Microsoft Studios-Core Team (788569) JobApply now » Date: Mar 13, 2012
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job Category: Software Engineering: Product Planning
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 788569-76649
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Do you want to work on the future of Xbox and Kinect content? Do you have a passion for creating amazing AAA core content that millions of customers experience? If so, the Core team in Microsoft Studios has a tremendous opportunity for you. The Core team is focused on delivering core market segment content for Xbox - games like Halo and Gears of War. We are growing our investment in Core to deliver amazing experiences to a majority of our customer base. As we grow, we need to clearly understand market and customer data, relate that data into an opportunity and develop content that over delivers against our goals. In this role you will play a vital role in establishing the relationship of our content to customers and the market ensuring a solid business plan and ultimate success of each title we create.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
1) Ensuring franchise creation and expansion for existing and future IP content based on data driven analysis and creative business models.
2) Working with the production teams, marketing and finance to deliver customer and market analysis across our portfolio and represent this data in executive reviews and with partners.
3) Establishing and communicating SWOT analysis, market opportunity, competitive landscape assessment and customer insights at regular development intervals (e.g., concept approval, green light, one year out, Go/No Go, etc.).
4) Driving customer needs into our product development and marketing strategy by prioritizing key insights and potential competitive advantages
5) Quantifing expected return on investment based on market opportunity, SKU plans, proposed deal terms and internal investments.
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of previous work experience in the gaming industry
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills demonstrated by previously working successfully across group boundaries, especially with business teams and external partners
- Strong Product Management foundation and ability to work with the Marketing organization
- Creativity in thinking about IP franchise management to maximize revenue
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to create an open and collaborative team culture.
- You must thrive in a fast-paced work environment and demonstrate an ability to quickly make decisions
- Ability to work across marketing, business development and engineering fluidly
- Experience in product planning, program management of product management
- Degree in Computer Science, Marketing or Finance w/MBA
We’re an agile team with significant impact. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team which is breaking new ground in IEB, and you meet the qualifications above, we would like to meet you!
Para los que seguimos habitualmente este tipo de anuncios desde la pagina de Microsoft, una de las cosas que mas podemos ver repetidas en los ultimos tiempos es la mencion explicita sobre la creacion de nuevas IP's, ademas de seguir desarrollando las que ya tienen, por supuesto.
Personalmente, me parece signo inequivoco de que la compañia ha escuchado las quejas por parte de un amplio sector de sus usuarios, que demandaban cosas nuevas mas alla de "los 4 fantasticos". Esta oferta sigue en la misma linea, y casi confirma que antes de terminar la generacion, y sobre todo, cuando comencemos la era Durango, vamos a ver desfilar un numero de nuevas franquicias que esperemos sean de mucha calidad y logren establecerse junto a las ya existentes.